Stanizai.org, along with its soul-mate website Stanizai.com, offers hundreds of essays, articles, and blogs and countless hours of public presentations, lectures and interviews, in audio and video formats, in an effort to make but a smidgen of difference in the reorientation of our collective human consciousness.
Towards that end, this website has been redesigned so that the depth and breadth of the analysis is presented through a plethora of topics ranging from mystical poetry to historical analysis and from political perspectives to archival material that speaks to the relevance of current issues.
You may choose to use the pull-down navigation menus or if you prefer, you can skim through the following outline with live links to the desired page—just point and click.
As Eye Sea It
Welcome to As Eye Sea It. This web site presents perspectives on the world as the Inner Eye sees it through the Divine Sea of Beingness. It reflects on meaning as the very essence of being. We hope that you will attain to a higher state of consciousness through awareness in the being and an aspiration in the becoming as we all strive and stride towards perfection through the mind and throughthe heart.
We hope that your visit to this website is intellectually stimulating, spiritually rewarding, and the pacifist perspective present here is uplifting for those who consider all humanity as one family. We also hope that the power of word for the expression of peace and love through prose and poetry heals the scars that the unpleasant realities of the world leave on our souls. In that respect we are not driven by ideologies, but by ideas to raise consciousness so that the global disenchantment may be diminished or lessened.
14 Years After 9/11, the War on Terror Is Accomplishing Everything bin Laden Hoped It Would
Fourteen years later and do you even believe it? Did we actually live it? Are we still living it? And how improbable is that? This article originally appeared at TomDispatch.com. To stay on top of important articles like these, sign up to receive the latest updates from TomDispatch.com. Fourteen years of wars, interventions, assassinations, torture, kidnappings, black sites, the growth of the American national security state to monumental proportions, and the spread of Islamic extremism across much of the Greater Middle East and Africa. Fourteen years of astronomical expense, bombing campaigns galore, and a military-first foreign policy of repeated defeats, disappointments, and disasters. Fourteen years of a culture of fear in America, of endless alarms and warnings, as well as dire predictions of terrorist attacks. Fourteen years of the burial of American democracy (or rather its recreation as a billionaire’s playground and a source of spectacle and entertainment but not governance). Fourteen years of the spread of secrecy, the classification of every document in sight, the fierce prosecution of whistleblowers, and a faith-based urge to keep Americans “secure” by leaving them in the dark about what their government is doing. Fourteen years of the demobilization of the citizenry. Fourteen years of the rise of the warrior corporation, the transformation of war and intelligence gathering into profit-making activities, and the flocking of countless private contractors to the Pentagon, the NSA, the CIA, and too many other parts of the national security state to keep track of. Fourteen years of our wars coming home in the form of PTSD, the militarization of the police, and the spread of war-zone technology like drones and stingrays to the “homeland.” Fourteen years of that un-American word “homeland.” Fourteen years of the expansion of surveillance of every kind and of the development of a global surveillance system whose reach—from foreign leaders to tribal groups in the backlands of the planet—would have stunned those running the totalitarian states of the twentieth century. Fourteen years of the financial starvation of America’s infrastructure and still not a single mile of high-speed rail built anywhere in the country. Fourteen years in which to launch Afghan War 2.0, Iraq Wars 2.0 and 3.0, and Syria War 1.0. Fourteen years, that is, of the improbable made probable.
US Special Forces May Have Gone On a Murder Spree in Afghanistan—Did the Army Cover It Up?
The US military has re-opened a criminal investigation into some of the most serious accusations of war crimes against US forces in Afghanistan since 2001. As the New York Times reported last week, the Army’s Criminal Investigation Command will again investigate allegations that a Special Forces team was involved in the murders of at least 17 civilians in Afghanistan in 2012 and 2013. The question now is why the investigation has dragged on for so long—and whether there has at any point been a coverup by members of the military.
Re-Versed Revelations (Translations / Renditions)
Reflections on Life (Worldly)
Lectures and Presentations
Part I - On Spirituality, Philosophy, and Belief Systems
- Soul-searching in the Fractals of Being: A New Holistic Perspective on Connecting with the Metaphysical
- The Non-lingual Thought Proces
- Voices of Justice and Peace
- Myth is All Around Us
- A Sunni - Shi'i Intrafaith Dialogue
- Perceptions of the Divine
- The Hizmet Movement: Living an Exemplified Islam in the 21st Century
- Hizmet Hareketini Anlatiyor - Fikir Atlasi
- The Archetypal Adam With No Eve
- In the Shadow of Rumi
- Jahan and Zaman on Islamic Spiritual Tradition
- Islam Between Conformity and Modernity
- The Hidden Realities of Mi'raj, 'Ascension'
- Treasures of Islamic Mysticism
Part II - Historical Analysis
The Golden Age of Al-Andalus:
- Part I: From Civilizational Glory to Theocratic Tyranny
- Part II: Spain’s Culture of Coexistence in the Second Millennia
- Part III: When East was West – Islam’s Rising Peripheries
Part III - Political Critique
Interviews with Professor Hamoud Salhi on U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East: A California State University, Dominguez Hills tele-course in International Politics.
Lectures and Interviews
Part I - On Spirituality and Belief Systems
- Mythosophia -4 - Mythology of Eden
- Sufism: An Overview of Islamic Mysticism
- Like A Rainbow
- Islam and Science: Debunking the Myth of Incompatibility
- Can We Know God: A Phenomenological Approach to Understanding
Part II - Historical Analysis
- Islam Between Conformity and Modernity
- Identifying with Layers of Islamic Identities
- Revisiting Pivotal Junctures in Islamic History
- Crisis of Critical Thought in Muslim Societies: The Bidding of Bid’a
Part III - Political Critique - Radio interviews on KPFK Los Angeles
The latest video presentation
“When there is no one to turn to, turn you self to the Self”
is a public lecture delivered at the Afghan Health Initiative as an attempt to raise awareness among the socially frustrated Afghan youth in diaspora struggling to live by the expectations of others to learn how to fall back on the Divine within.
How Un-Islamic Is the Muslim World: The Divide Between Words and Deeds
An analysis of the widening rift between claim and compliance to Qur’an-based values in Muslim societies in the 21st century
Soul-searching in the Fractals of Being: A New Holistic Perspective on Connecting with the Metaphysical
This lecture presents the concept of fractals as an alternative to the concept of multiplicity in linking the physical with the metaphysical in an attempt to explain the phenomena of spirit and soul through an analysis connecting the commonalities between science and religion, philosophy and intuition, reason and revelation, and Math and Myth.
All audio and video lectures and presentations are now conveniently posted on the Lectures and Presentations Section. To view more videos pulldown the Lectures and Presentations section or simply click here.
These are open to the public. Participants may send in their relevant questions to this website so that the issue raise may be addressed in the lecture. (Go to the Contact Us page to send in your inquiries)
Presents the Sunday Lecture series
with Dr. Zaman Stanizai
How un-Islamic is the Muslim World: The Divide Between Words and Deeds - September 20, 2015
Does a Two-State Solution Suffice the Three Israels: Defining the Illusion of Identities - October 4, 2015
Reform in the Muslim World: Possibilities and Improbabilities - October 11, 2015
434 Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90020
Blogs and Publications
- From Identity Crisis to Identity in Crisis in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Where Chaos Is King and Plunder Is Privilege
- Islamic Solar Calendar: Eclipsed by Politics and Ideology
- Can We Afford Another Failed State in Afghanistan? Beyond the 2014 Drawdown
- Afghanistan Exit Strategy: How Bilateral Is the Security Agreement
- Egypt and America in Historical Twists of Ironies
- Understanding Syria: How a Cold Front Chilled the Damascus Spring
- Drone Wars Terrorize Friends Into Enemies
- Provocation or Freedom of Expression
- Walking in a Muslim's Moccasins: A Different Perspective on the Muslim Protests
- Is American Gun Culture Compatible With a Modern Civil Society?
- Why Is the European Union Haunted by Its Rejection of Turkey?
- When an Arab Spring Is Neither
- NATO's Third Alternative in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan in the Throes of Nation Building and Military Build-up
- How We Messed Up a Flourishing Gun-barrel Democracy in Afghanistan
- Fighting by the Book Failing by Design: The U.S. Military's Inherent Conflict of Interest with Peace in Afghanistan
- We Must Wage War on War to Keep the Republic Public
- Downgrading American Democracy: Is There Any Left for the Rest of Us?
- Disowning ‘Otherness' in Norway's Nightmare and Europe's Long Past of Cultural Intolerance
- Silencing the Call of Democracy and Hijacking the Arab Revolution: Hidden Agenda and Secret Alliances Behind the Libyan Crisis
- How to Win Peace in Afghanistan For Half the Price of War
- The Day America Lost Its Soul: The Case Against Iraq
- The Bearded Truth
- Half a Millennium of Religious Intolerance: Russian-Muslim Conflicts in Central Asia :
- State of the World
- False anti-Semitism charges used to undermine campus movement for Palestinian rights
- Netanyahu will be remembered for speaking Israel's truth
- The Bilateral Security Agreement Debate
- In Case of Zero Option
- Ethnocentric Russian and U.S. Strategies Imperil Afghanistan
- The NSA and the Bush 9/11 Coup
- With Bags of Cash, C.I.A. Seeks Influence in Afghanistan
- Why the U.S. Paid Karzai's Top Aide
- An Open Letter to America's Christian Zionists
- Desmond Tutu: My plea to the people of Israel
- Norway's Muslims form protective human ring around synagogue
- The Quran of Pacifists and the Quran of Warmongers
- Al-Azhar Fatwa on Shias
- Terrorism is not a Muslim monopoly
- How Islam Can Eliminate the U.S. Debt
For an immersion in the enchantment of the soul through Qur’anic recitations click on the Tanzil Read Qur'an button to the right. Enjoy, inspire, and be one with the One